3 Nov 2010

Present matters most.


I am now old, and wise enough to understand that no one’s life is perfect or even normal. Everyone has a past, everyone has issues. Life is what we make of it. ~ A man named Dave.


 I do not expect to find someone else's life, so perfect. There is always something in our lives that we regretted doing, and something that haunted us for so long, possibly up to this moment. I do, but I know that there is nothing I can do to change my past. I cannot relive my past, same goes to you. The only thing that I can do is to make the most of my present, and hope for the best for my future.

Likewise, our relationship, we need to let the past go with time. I know that some people will try to dig everything they can about their partner's life before them. I understand the urge and needs that lies within ourselves to unfold everything about our partner. I am not saying that it is bad, but, if you do that, if we do that and cannot let go afterwards, our relationship will crumble. You would not want that happening, don't you?

I have tried asking someone about his past love life, and after knowing so much, I have realized that I do not want to hear about it, but I did.  I was left in despair, thinking that I cannot be someone that could make that person as happy as he was before. My thoughts are killing me, and my relationship. However, I have figured as much that he chose to be with me of all the other girls he could be with. That should mean something.

I wanted to believe that when we love, we are not blinded by the love. Instead, love opened our eyes, so that we are able to look beyond physical being. Past is past, and we have to live with it. In life, our present is what matters most.

1 Timothy: 12-17
                I give thanks to Christ Jesus, our Lord who has given me strength for my work.  I thank him for considering me worthy and appointing me to serve him even though in the past I spoke evil of him. But God was merciful to me because I did not yet have faith and did not know what I was doing. And Lord poured out his abundant grace on me and gave me faith and love which are ours in union with Christ Jesus. This is the saying, to be completely accepted and believed: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners. I am the worst of them, but God was merciful to me in order that Christ Jesus might show his full patience in dealing with me, the worst of sinners, as an example for all those who would later believe in him and receive eternal life. To the eternal king, immortal and invisible, the only God- to him be honor, and glory forever and ever! Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely and matured..:)

Miki Aya said...

Thank you :)